National Capital Area Spay & Neuter Center
1001 L Street SE
Washington, DC 20003
We are currently not scheduling any new spay/neuter surgery appointments as our schedule is full through April 2016. To schedule an appointment for May 2016 (or after) please call after April 15, 2016. Thank you.
Cat Vaccines & Services:
Dog Vaccines & Services:
The clinic is open to the public Monday-Thursday. We schedule appointments one to two weeks in advance. To schedule a surgical appointment by phone, call 202-88-ALTER (202-608-1356).
*Proof that the animal has had at least one (1) previous rabies vaccination is required in order for an animal to be eligible to receive a 3-year rabies vaccine.
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY, FAILURE TO FOLLOW THEM MAY RESULT IN YOUR PET BEING DECLINED FOR SURGERY:
The Night Before the Scheduled Appointment:
- Keep your pet safely inside your home
- Your pet must not have any food (including bones, treats, rawhides, table-scraps) after 9:00pm the night before the appointment– however, make sure they have fresh water available.
The Morning of the Scheduled Appointment Date:
- Your pet must not have breakfast—however, make sure they have fresh water available
- Please take your dog on a walk prior to arrival for their comfort
- Drop-off is between 7:30-8:30 a.m. Animals arriving after 8:30 may be declined.
- Please check off all desired items and services on the admission form you are given at this time, and allow 15-20 min for the check-in process to be completed.
- All cats must arrive in an enclosed carrier if you are bringing multiple cats you will either be required to bring them in separate carriers or to buy a cardboard carrier from us for $5
- All dogs must be on a leash or in an enclosed carrier.
- Please leave dogs in your car while you fill out your paperwork. Our reception area is not large enough to safely accommodate multiple dogs.
The Evening of the Scheduled Appointment Date:
- Pick-up for dogs begins at 3:30pm and pick-up for cats begins at 4:30pm. All animals must be picked up by 5:30pm. We may call you in the event that your animal is ready to be picked up earlier than the assigned time. Because we may perform as many as 50 surgeries per day, we strongly encourage owners to plan to pick up their pets as early as possible to avoid waiting in line at the end of the day. Owners arriving after 5:30 PM for pick-up will be charged an additional $25 fee.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover or exact change only. We do not accept personal checks and we do not keep change on hand.
- Please note that the Center closes promptly at 5:45pm. We are not able to board animals overnight. Animals not picked up by closing will be transported to the Animal Shelter for boarding overnight and a fee will be required to collect them the next day.
Post-Operative Instructions: Click here to download important aftercare instructions following your pet's spay or neuter surgery.
If there are any questions or concerns directly related to the surgery during the recovery period, please call the Spay and Neuter Center (202) 882-5837 X 103. If there is an emergency after hours or on the weekend, contact your regular veterinarian or your nearest emergency animal hospital.
Questions? Email: email@example.com